Sunday, February 23, 2014

Graphing with M&Ms

Well this was the last week before we start assessing and it is my FAVORITE unit: graphing! I absolutely LOVE graphing. I love planning graphing lessons for my kiddos because you can make it so fun and it is also a lot of fun to teach! To make it hands on for my students and to introduce them to graphing within small groups without filling out multiple worksheets we made picture graphs using tape, markers, and m&ms -- very simple, but oh so fun!
 The students couldn't wait to get to the table to sort their m&ms! By the time they came to me the third day they were writing comparing sentences using the words most, least, more, and fewer. We incorporated handwriting and phonics into this lesson, which is another reason I love graphing! This week we will be taking a (hopefully) small break from graphing so we can assess students before trimester 3 -- happy assessing!




No comments:

Post a Comment