Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day and more...

Wow! It's been a busy month! This past week we just finished up evening conferences on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday due to make-up days. Even though it was long, it was worth it to get to have great conversations with parents. Conferences are always one of my favorite times of the year because we get to share positive stories and really SHOW how much we care about students and their families beyond the classroom.

Anyways, we started this month off by kicking off I LOVE TO READ month by using the Winter Olympics as our theme. Many of the staff members dress up as Olympians and paraded in to an all school assembly. It is one of my highlights from this year! The kids were going crazy and probably confused their parents when they went home saying they "high-fived" Olympic athletes today! 

Another "lovely" memory from this year was this past Friday, February 14th. I honestly had as much, if not more, fun than the kids. The day ended with a bad headache and having my head almost collapse on my desk, but the fun numbed all the pain during the day. We started earlier in the week with graphing candy hearts and then waited until Friday to continue our Valentine's celebrations. Students brought in their boxes and bags, handed out Valentine's in the afternoon, created "Compliment Placemats" for their classmates (LOVED THIS) and had a mini-dance party while looking at each others colorful, sugar-covered tongues! I can't imagine I liked those sugar sticks (or whatever they are called) when I was a kiddo. YUCK! Hope no one has a dentist appt. soon :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment