Wednesday, January 15, 2014

More Olympics!

So I began yesterday by going back and forth on whether I wanted to brave the storm and paint the Olympic Flags with the kiddos (we had previously drawn our flags with pencil) when I hadn't really prepared much. Well, we rocked that storm! The kids did phenomenal and I am so proud of them. We only used 28 of the participating countries flags because we only have 28 of us and some of the flags are much too complicated for our little fingers to master, especially when using paint. Today we finished our painting by creating bubble letters stating "Let the games begin!" They turned out awesome as well. Pictures will be coming later for the letters.

 Each kid randomly drew a country out of a hat and then got the opportunity to paint that country's flag. Mr. Jamaica was pretty excited :-)



\Later in the day, we finished our snow creatures. When I was gone this past Monday I had the sub work on some hats, mittens, and boots with the class. They were to put what they liked about winter on each clothing item.

After all was cut out they could make whatever snow creature they would like. The favorite creature was the snake. I happen to think it was because it was the easiest, but they seem to think differently! Many did snowmen and some did snow people!

 Later after finishing our snow creatures we worked on some more -ck phonics work, by matching pictures and words on the smart board. This was quite the day. There was a lot of energy surrounding our room! The best part of my day however was my new little puppy coming to visit my classroom! She is adorable and I can't wait to get home everyday to see her! I can't wait to show my kids this picture tomorrow. They won't believe she was in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment